Wednesday, November 10, 2010

T Minus 24 Hours and Counting...

In 24 hours, I will be walking out of my house headed back to work for the first time in 13 weeks.

Am I nervous? Hell yeah.

For one, my company moved while I was on leave, so I am going to a completely new office. And the architect thought it would be funny to design the building like a mouse maze, so it takes a week to learn how to get around without getting lost.

Secondly, there were a lot of changes while I was gone, some good, some that will make my job...well, I'll have to work a bit harder. Which is OK, I'll be busy, and busy is good.

But the thing that I am the most nervous about is the office drama. I have been hiding in my house for the past 3 months. My last day at work it was close to 100 degrees outside, and the other day it snowed. So I have been totally self-involved and haven't cared about anyone except me and my kids. It is going to be weird to have to deal with strangers and answer their questions and try to get back into the swing of things, all while trying to keep my head down and not piss off the bosses. (Which I have had issues with before, so my concerns are legit.)

I have decided to take things one day at a time. The first thing I have to do is find my new cubicle without being late on my first day. (I am completely confident in the hands that will be taking care of the girls, so at least I don't have to worry about that. ) Once I find the new cube, I'll put up pictures, say hi to everyone who thought that I quit, and re-introduce myself to the working world. From there...I think I'll just wing it. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

me said...

Good luck!!!