Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

***This post was originally started yesterday, but then I got busy with work and couldn't finish it. So his birthday was yesterday.


Today is Workaholic's birthday.

I would tell you how old he is, but a) he'd probably get mad at me since he now reads this blog and b) ... I don't have a b.

The first thing he said to me this morning when I told him HAPPY BIRTHDAY was, "Yeah, I'm an old man now." Which, ironically, is the same thing his dad said to him when he wished him a happy 60th birthday last month. (notice I don't care about telling the world how old my father-in-law is, because I know for a fact that he does not read this blog)

Because I am such a terrific wife, I have a fabulous present that was bought and wrapped 3 weeks ago, a gorgeous cake that I made from scratch and decorated myself today, and have a wonderful dinner party planned with his closest family and friends. Which is to say that I did none of that and we are only going out to dinner with his parents because his mom planned it.

I feel it is important on this day to not badmouth my husband, as I try not to usually do. (OK, sometimes I don't try very hard, but I do try!) Instead, I'll tell you why he is awesome.

1) He has a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh all the time. I steal his material for my blog. Which makes me look funny. And anything that makes me look good makes me happy.

2) He loves me. 'Nuff said.

3) He is a great father. He plays with the girls and bathes the girls, and generally does whatever I tell him to. He'll ask Sam, "Are you my buddy?" And she always says yes.

4) He knows when to defer to the person who knows more than him. The only times I know more is when we are talking about dog training or the Baby Whisperer. So he'll defer to me then. And that makes me happy.

5) He is a Boy Scout. OK, not really. But he prepares for the worst for everything. The only time this does not come in handy is when you are in a rush and he is busy preparing. But it does all work out in the end.

The list could go on and on, but I'll stop at five. My point it, I love him, and he is a day older today. Which just happens to put him a year older.

I will leave you with some texts I have received from him, to illustrate his humor. (I'm sorry if you don't get some of them, I generally don't either)


"Holy crap, look to your left, there are flying monkeys."

"Are you naked?"

"It helps if you ask the person with you to punch your head."

"Are you naked?"

"Yes, I am a dumbass."

"Are you naked?"

"The Green Bay Packers won the World Series."

"You are welcome, I'm glad that you feel like the luckiest wife ever, that makes me happy."

"Are you naked?"

"Yer a doucher."

"I'm gittin me 1 burbon 1 scotch 1 beer" (this was sent while he was at work)

"R u ignoring me?"

"Are you naked?"

No comments: