Thursday, October 22, 2009

Final Update

Yay!!! Sam got her swine flu vaccine!

Lake County is soooo organized and proactive, they announced on Wednesday to the entire Region that children aged 6 months to 5 years could get the shot on Thursday and Friday. And then they totally were not ready for the influx of people. I mean, come on, they had three, count them THREE, people actually giving the vaccine.

Of course, I didn't have to wait in line for 2 hours or have to deal with any of this. Why? You ask? Because my OH-SO-AWESOME in-laws went for me. I was terrified they would run out by tomorrow afternoon, and my mother-in-law and father-in-law couldn't say no when I asked. I mean, I guess they could have, but they didn't. So yes, I owe them BIG.

We do have to go back in 4 weeks to try and get her a booster, and yes, I will be doing that myself. And I guess my poor little girl cried and cried, so I do feel badly about that. I am happier that I didn't have to see that than not having to wait in line.

So everyone, if you get a chance, get your kids vaccinated. I know that this is this year's version of the flu, but it seems to be spreading very quickly and is very dangerous especially to young children. Remember, wash your hands, don't touch your face, and I also heard gargling salt water or Listerine twice a day will help prevent you from getting sick too. Or drinking hot liquids. Stay healthy everyone!!

No comments: