Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day One of Vacation

I took the next 3 days off of work for vacation. Let's review real quick what I have done so far on day one... (It is 9:09am)
  • Been woken up at 5:30am by Workaholic's alarm on his phone. That goes off every day. And doesn't wake him up.
  • Been woken up at 6am by Workaholic, not sure if it was his alarm or him leaving or what.
  • Been woken up at 6:30am by a whining puppy. Who doesn't understand what vacation and sleeping in are.
  • Gotten up with the puppy. Fed the puppy. Medicated the puppy. Let him outside. Let him inside.
  • Poured a 30lb bag of dog food into a plastic bin for Fonz. Fed and medicated Fonz. Let him outside. Let him back inside, but kept the puppy outside for a few minutes. This is key.
  • Unloaded and reloaded dishwasher. Talked to new K for a couple of minutes. Decided to let the puppy back inside.
  • OHDEARGODWHATISTHATSMELL??????
  • Almost vomited multiple times when I realized that dear sweet mother-blanking puppy rolled in fresh poop.
  • Bathed dear sweet mother-blanking puppy.
  • Bathed myself.
Needless to say, I think that instead of beginning my day and running a ton of errands in this debilitating heat, I am going to lay down for a while and rest. It is vacation, damn it.

1 comment:

Ashley, the Accidental Olympian said...

After having Stella for only ONE DAY I let her out to see, and stood there in horror as I watched her walk through her own poop, and then have Oly knock her over into her own poop.

By the time I got my hands on her she was covered. Took three baths to get her smelling normal again.

Ahhhhh puppies. :)