Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We're Never Ever Ever Going to the Mall

I have a confession to make. It's kinda embarrassing. Because I am in my 30s, (not 14 years old) and probably should have a more refined taste in music. 

I love Taylor Swift.

Not in a lesbian-stalker kinda way. But in a good-role-model, like-most-of-her-songs, she's-adorable kinda way.

I know many music aficionados will laugh at me and say that I have the same musical tastes as a twelve year old girl, but hey, when I was twelve I loved Guns N Roses, so maybe I am living vicariously through preteens.

Plus, there is nothing cuter than a three year old dancing in her car seat and singing, "Someday, I'll be, living in a big ol' city, and all you're ever gonna be is mean, why you gotta be so mean?" 

So have you heard Taylor's new song? I guess it just came out yesterday, or the day before. I've already heard it on the radio at least 4 times.

Here it is, if you like watching lyric videos.



The first time, I was like "Huh, new song. Kinda catchy, kinda bouncy, I totally want to sing along even though I don't know the words."

The second time, I really listened, and thought, "Really? This is what she is writing about and releasing as her first single off the new album? I hope the whole thing isn't like this. Although it is really catchy and probably totally addicting and I'll be singing this song for the next 6 months."

For those of you who aren't into country music or have been under a rock the past 2 days if you do, or just don't like to watch videos while at work, the lyrics go something like this...

We are never ever getting back together
We are never ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never, ever ever ever getting back together

Like ever...

I used to think we were forever ever ever
And I used to say never say never
Huh, so he calls me up and he's like "I still love you"
And I'm like, "I just, I mean this is exhausting, you know
We are never getting back together, like ever"

So that's cool. She just wanted to make sure he knew there was no hope. In case he had any, she was crushing it under her Jimmy Choo slingbacks. They are never ever ever getting back together. Like ever. Ever. Ever.

The third time I heard the song I was in the car on the way to get the girls from daycare. As I bopped my head and started to sing along, it struck me as a tad bit familiar.

A little, "Let's Go to the Mall" via Robin Sparkles. I can see the video for Taylor's new song now...she'll be dancing across a food court, wearing neon green leg warmers with a side ponytail. Its gonna be awesome. It'll be legen...wait for it, DARY. LEGENDARY.

You are welcome.



 


No comments: