Monday, August 11, 2008

Ahhh...the weekend

On Saturday night, my husband turned to me and said, “You’ve just had the perfect day, haven’t you? Nobody bothered you and you got to take a nap.” Sad fact? Totally true.

I watched the Olympics for hours, I cleaned up thousands of bugs that had lost their life to our screened in porch, I cleaned & replaced the screens (that have been out of our windows for going on 4 years) and was finally allowed to have a breeze waft through my stinky house. Workaholic cares so little about sports that he totally didn’t bitch when I wanted to watch dressage and women’s basketball, but he was all about watching Misty May and Kerri Walsh play beach volleyball. Am I the only one who thinks out of all athletes, women beach volleyball players have the best bodies??? OMG…they are hot.

Sunday was different, but OK. We made the executive decision to move our bedroom to the upstairs. Which involved lots of heavy lifting, (not by me), discussions…I mean orders (yeah…by me), and many breaks to watch more Olympics (me…again). We now have a sa-weeet set-up which I will only have to leave in order to eat. And yes, we do have 2 big screen TV’s in the bedroom. (for now)

I also decided that it was time to grow up and go to church. After all, I am having a kid, and it’ll have to be baptized, and taught the fear of God. Where else can you do that other than a Catholic church???

It’s been a while since I’ve been to a church where the old people dressed to a T, yet also found it OK to talk during mass, only to complain about those around them. “I can’t believe that mother hasn’t taken that crying baby out yet.” “That sippy cup dropped on the ground and the baby just stuck it back in his mouth!” (this one was emphasized by a slap to the forehead). I also love love love the woman singing behind me an octave too high and just a little too loudly. You know who I’m talking about.

Anyway, I got my church on…although I don’t think I’ll be returning to that particular church. I listened to the readings and gospel; I really don’t need a recap in the homily. Thanks though. Next time…I’m trying out St. Michaels!

No comments: