Monday, August 18, 2008

Boys will be boys

I never really realized it, but my husband and his brothers are really kind of funny.

While surfing over the weekend with a friend on the lake, the friend asked, “If you have any pointers or see anything that I am doing wrong, feel free to speak up.” BIL’s response? “Surf better.” Really?? Surf better?? Thanks! Amazingly enough? It worked! (although I feel that my advice to “widen your stance” was probably more beneficial, but “surf better” may have helped too) (also keep in mind that I have never actually let go of the rope while surfing and these guys are heads and shoulders above anything that I will probably ever be able to do on a surfboard behind a boat…but I’ve watched enough people get up, fall, get up, let go, fall, etc. that I feel like I’ve picked up a few things)

After watching Michael Phelps win his record tying 7th gold medal by less than one one-hundredth of a second on Friday, my husband says…
“He didn’t break the world record? What a failure.”
(the fact that Michael Phelps can swim faster than he could ever run is besides the point)

My youngest BIL has too many off the wall one-liners to think of…but my drive to dinner Saturday night re-assured me that I think I can handle being the mom of boys, if that’s what I have. I don’t know what he said, (I think it had something to do with being the best looking of the three) but the entire 20 minute drive was my husband and his brother beating on their little brother. And all I did was stay between the lines and smile…let them beat the crap out of each other, at least then they’ll leave me alone!

No comments: