Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random iPod-ness

I regularly read a blog by Jen Lancaster, because she is not only hil-ar-ious, she also went to Purdue. Boiler Up!! So today she posted 14 random songs on her iPod...and tagged everyone reading her blog to do it on their blogs. So, since I don't have much else to talk about...here goes.

"Peaches"~The Presidents of the United States of America-Every time I hear it, I think of when I took my sister to the Cactus for the first time and she was damned determined to not have a good time. She just could. not. believe. Bruce did not know this song.

"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"~Mozart-I just really like some classical music, especially this one. Every time it comes on at work, my cube-neighbor asks me what the hell I am listening to. I just smile.

"I'm Allright"~Jo Dee Messina-For some reason, way before I got my iPod, whenever I was having a really great or really shitty day, this song would come on the radio. I think of it as my own personal theme song, and would love to sing it karaoke someday. Or not...don't want to ruin it for myself.

"Devil Went Down to Georgia"~Charlie Daniels-If you know me, this is a duh. But there is a story behind it. My house when I grew up wasn't one of those filled with music. I mean, we weren't deprived or anything, but it isn't like it was always on and we got this really expansive education in all genres by the time we were 3. One thing I can clearly remember is my dad putting this song on, and singing along as he wandered around the house. So when they weren't home, I started to put the CD in myself and listen on repeat. My senior year in high school, my friends and I made the dumb decision to cross the river and go to an apartment party on campus. (we didn't usually do this, because we knew those crazy college bitches didn't want us there and the guys just wanted to *%^& us anyway.) So we go, and they put this song on, and I freak out and dance around and start singing it. (at the top of my lungs) None of my friends had ever heard of it, (which is in-sane now, because everyone knew the Devil by my senior year, which I think was even before Coyote Ugly came out) so they thought I was nuts, and the college guys thought it was hot that I knew it. I also met Joe-Fucking-Yoder that night, ugh. Anyway, from then on, that was my song.

"It Was a Very Good Year"~Frank Sinatra-Workaholic always sings this whenever it comes on. We both think of dinner at Uncle Tony's cottage in Michigan on a hot summer night with his jukebox music playing in the background. Until he gave it away for free.

"Nymphomaniac"~Bruce Barker-It's so inappropriate, it's awesome. I miss Bruce.

"Enter Sandman"~Metallica-We've recently discovered that Samantha LOVES this song. Loud. REALLY REALLY LOUD.

"You Can Call Me Al"~Paul Simon-I loved this video with Chevy Chase. Because I watched MTV all the time, back when they still played videos. I didn't know which guy in the video was Paul Simon until I was about 25. (I just thought the guy singing just looked like Chevy Chase) I still wonder why the man was in the strange world and how he got there.

"We Didn't Start the Fire"~Billy Joel-I actually have a ton of Billy Joel, but I remember this song from way back when I was little. I always try to sing all the words, but I always fail.

"Coma"~Guns N Roses-I love GNR, always have, but this is one of the most f-ed up songs they ever made.

"Bittersweet Symphony"~The Verve-I wanted the string part of this song to be played at my wedding, but the music bitch shot me down. After listening to the words, I thought it might not be appropriate. On a side note, Kristy Follmar used to come into the arena to this song when she boxed...but not anymore. Sad.

So that's my 11 random songs on my iPod. Feel free to put your top 5 random i-Pod songs in the comments section...

No comments: