Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

Something occured me to last night that I am surprised didn't occur to me before. I'm a little worried about how Fonz is going to react when I go back to work. Right now, he is my shadow. (except for this exact moment, he is in the hall outside the office, whereas I am in the office) He has been that typical Golden, the velcro. I feel bad sometimes, because he is just following me up and down the stairs. (I usually have to make several trips, because if I go down to write a check to the insurance company, I see that the dishwasher is done, and empty it, and then go back upstairs to get a load of laundry, and then go back down to put that in, and then have to go back up to tend to a crying baby, and then realize that I never did write the check and then I have to go back down to do that. Don't even get me started on the process of trying to get the check to the mailbox)

In all honesty, I think that he'll be fine. He'll get a little depressed perhaps, or a little more needy than usual, but summer is coming, and that is the cure-all. Just take him to water, and the boy will play. He's a live-in-the-moment type of guy.

Speaking of insurance, I finally got a bill from my and Sam's hospital stay. There were charges dating back to May. And can I just tell you this? I love my insurance. Because I can pick up the phone, get a person right away who knows what I am talking about and can help me without transferring me. There were a couple of charges that I didn't have EOBs for, so they are just sending them right over! And THEN, I call the hospital billing, and explain that 4 charges for Samantha should have been paid by the insurance, and they are all like, "OK, we'll rebill. Just pay the other stuff." And so I wrote my tiny little check, and voila!! Done for now. I'm sort of anal about things, so the fact that I have EOBs for every single charge makes me happy. In this day and age of crappy insurance, why can't everyone have Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL?? (through the union) What a great start to my day. Hopefully, at 1:30, I can turn on the Purdue game and watch the Boilers kick some panther ass!!!

No comments: