Friday, August 27, 2010

Two Weeks In

I know I had a baby 2 weeks ago and I haven’t really posted much since then. Let me allow you into my days…

Wake up a minimum of twice a night, for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Yes, 2 HOURS.

Try to nap “when the baby naps”, except I have a toddler. My mother-in-law has been great about taking her away so I can nap, I am not sure if that helps me recover from the nights or makes it worse since my body remembers that it isn’t getting 8 hours straight of sleep.

Try to quiet a crying baby. I think I’ve figured out she is very gassy. VERY gassy. And now I think she is constipated. I am about ready to shove a Q-tip up you-know-where if that will just help to make her poop.

Try to get an overtired baby to sleep. Hand her off to mother-in-law to rock…since Charlie seems to think if I am holding her, I must feed her. (PS Feeding a gassy baby makes everything worse!)

If you can’t tell, I am the epitome of the new, tired mother. People are being nice and telling me that I “look good”, but just so ya’ll know, I feel like crap. Not to mention I want to cry at just about any moment. I’ve just got to get her sleeping through the night…

1 comment:

me said...

I feel for ya...