Thursday, November 10, 2011

Someone Else Says It Best

I really, really wanted to write something about what has been happening at Penn State over the past few days. If you believe the rumors out there, it could be about to get much, much worse.

I read the grand jury indictment, in it's entirety, last night. It was like a train wreck, I couldn't stop, even though you knew what was coming before it was written. Eight victims, EIGHT. And there are sure to be more. (I believe there may be nine now.) Jerry Sandusky systematically preyed, hunted, and attacked little boys. Boys the age of my nephews. Boys who thought he was a hero. And lots and lots of people knew about it. Yet nothing. happened. Until now.

One of my favorite bloggers, MODG, is a Penn State alum. As is her husband. They met at a tailgate. And I think she puts a very unique perspective on how many people are feeling. People who went to school's with rich traditions, schools that helped form who you are as a person, and how you feel when your school lets you down. Go...read what she has to say.

I don't think I need to rant about why it was the right thing to do to fire Joe Paterno. You can argue semantics about how and when it was done, but in the end, little boys were molested. They were lured, bribed, abused, and ...let down by their heros. Grown men should have known better.

I would say that the overwhelming feeling I have right now is...sad. Just as MODG describes it.

No comments: