Monday, September 15, 2008

Shaken Fetus Syndrome???

Does anyone know if you can give your unborn child Shaken Baby Syndrome? Of course, I am asking this as an afterthought, because when Kory Sheets was running 80 yards down the field on his way to a touchdown on the 2nd play of the game on Saturday, all I could think of was a) not falling off of the bleacher that I was jumping on and b) screaming my trademark cheer in this situation “RUN FASTER!!!!!”.

(BTW...in case you are wondering, the child protested the jumping by either a) grabbing onto my appendix or kidney or something there on my right side and sqeezing as hard as possible, probably hanging on for dear life, or b) ramming its head into my kidney or appendix so I would feel the pain that it was feeling. Either way, peeing helped.)

Of course, we lost the game, because why should we be able to beat a Top 25 team even though we were up 20-3 at one point? At least Kory feels the same way I do about it. I can’t find the exact quote, but he said something like this… “We get a big lead and then just sit on it. We can’t do that. When we get up big, we need to grab them by the throat, put them on the sidewalk, and stomp on it.” Amen!!

No comments: