Monday, December 1, 2008

So....Tired....

I have read this over and over in pregnancy books, but I didn't really believe that it would happen to me. I don't sleep well. At all. And you are talking to the girl who has to sleep well, otherwise my head spins and I become a major, raging, bitch. To put it nicely. (I get mad if someone says "Good Morning" to me. Why do people insist on talking to each other before noon!!)

I wake up at approximately 3:30 every morning, and it's not because I have to pee. It's just because. And since it is "just because", I have decided to blame Workaholic. You see, his alarm typically goes off around 4am every day. And since he gets about half the amount of sleep that he should, it doesn't wake him up. So it wakes me up. And the baby. And I have to "gently" wake him up. (Apparently I am so gentle, the poor boy really thought that it was his alarm that woke him up every day...until I stayed at my parent's house on Thursday night and he came home because he had to work on Friday. Let's just say that he overslept. A lot.) I am sooo happy to be right about something. Na-na-na-na-na-na.

Anyway, so I wake up every day at 3:30am. Even in different time zones, I wake up at 3:30am. Which amazed me. It amazed me so much, that when I woke up on Thanksgiving morning, I was just staring at the clock, trying to figure out in my fog of morningness exactly what time it was at home, when my cell phone lit up and buzzed. At 3:34 in the morning, I had a text message. Who in their right mind would be texting "Happy Thanksgiving" at 3:34 in the morning???

So I opened my phone, and I recognized the area code, but not the number. So I figured, What the hell? I'm up. So I texted back a cordial Happy Thanksgiving, and BTW...who the hell is this? Almost immediately, I got a text back saying that it was my cousin Timothy, and WTF was I doing up at that hour??? (never mind that he was the one who started this whole thing) Tim is great fun to go out with and can drink most people I know under the table, so I was sure that was the fuel behind HIM being up at this ungodly hour. So I just told him to have fun and be safe. Makes sense...basically I am saying, don't drink and drive. And from what I found out...he didn't. Good boy. (unfortunately, there is more to the story, but I can't share because there is just no way that I can write it that doesn't make me sound like an idiot. Maybe someday I'll share.)

So I hope that all of you stuffed yourselves as much as I did on Thanksgiving. At one point, my 16 year old nephew looked at me and said "Wow, Aunt Gail just keeps eating and eating. She hasn't stopped." He was truly amazed. Also, fun fact...my sister informed me that I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions. I was whining about being uncomfortable and my stomach being unusually tight as we were wandering around Penney's at 6am, and she let me know that's what that was. Hm! Good to know!

No comments: