It is entirely possible that I may have mentioned before that I love blogs. I read them daily, and have my faves. Every once in a while, I’ll branch out and try new ones on for size, and I recently found Gemini Girl. (she is one of those exotic-type (meaning, not from the Midwest) people that I think are just so cool because they had such a DIFFERENT, yet same upbringing as me) (I mean, she hops back and forth between continents! I guess I do that with states, but and hour and a half drive is way different than a plane ride and customs)
Anyway, GG (which is awesome because that used to be my initials) did this thing in her About section, 50 things about her. Which of course makes sense that it is in her About section. So I decided that I am bored and will do 50 Things About Me, and I wanted to update my profile with it. But because this is a simple-type website, I can't write that much about myself in the profile section. So a blog post will have to do. Here goes!
1. Before I got married, I didn’t have a middle name. When I got married, I made my maiden name my middle name. My older sister claims I was traumatized by not having a middle name growing up, but I just saw it as a way to get attention.
2. I think my Golden Retriever (I call him Fonz on here) is the best dog that ever lived. So much so that he has ruined all other Goldens for me now and I don’t think my next dog can be a Golden Retriever.
3. I have a daughter, Samantha. She was born on January 8th 2009, but I always write January 9th when filling out forms.
4. Most of the time I feel as though I am a terrible wife, only occasionally will I think that I am a good one.
5. I’ve never broken a bone, or had stitches, or had to go to the hospital for anything other than giving birth.
6. The first time I drove a moped I wrecked and sort of flipped over the front, and felt like a total idiot.
7. I am the master at killing time.
8. I am pretty sure that I am the reason facebook got blocked at work.
9. The first time I saw my husband he was puking out his bedroom window, was luckily was on the first floor. He was still nice and said hello.
10. I tend to obsess over things, but I am working on that.
11. My first dog was Black Sheep, a black lab. Then my in-laws got Buster, a chocolate lab. Neither one would come when called. Our friends had a Golden Retriever, Colby. You could tell Colby to go home and he would. That is why I got a Golden Retriever.
12. My stripper name is Black Sheep Woodcliff. That is only one of the reasons I am not a stripper.
13. I have good nails. People compliment me on them all the time.
14. I sucked my thumb until I was 9. I have an overbite to prove it.
15. When I was pregnant, I thought I was having a boy. I was terrified of having a girl with red hair. God is laughing at me right now.
16. I love my little red-headed girl.
17. I don’t handle stress well. I tend to yell.
18. I have terrible posture, and a weak back. But I don’t complain about it or anything.
19. When I was little, I had a huge crush on the boy next door. When I was in college, he was killed in a car accident.
20. I went to a Catholic high school and loved wearing uniforms.
21. The only person I still talk to from high school (facebook doesn’t count) was there 8 years before I was.
22. I’ve been known to be brutally honest. Don’t hate me for it. I’m working on just keeping my mouth shut.
23. I tend to talk a lot when I drink.
24. I’ll karaoke the song The Devil Went Down to Georgia after at least 5 beers. I’m awesome at it.
25. I am really bad about procrastinating.
26. I like to snowski and do water sports, but I really suck.
27. I wish I could live in Chicago during the warm months of the year, but just for a couple of years, and if money was no object.
28. I love making lists.
29. My first English class in college, I wrote a descriptive essay about my first car. My professor read it aloud to the class. When I moved out of the dorm that year, I threw it away because I was afraid my parents would find it and read it. I regret doing that.
30. I like beer and wine, but not vodka. Or rum. Or tequila.
31. I have “mommy guilt” constantly.
32. My husband works a lot, and if he didn’t, I think we would kill each other.
33. I play with my hair a lot, and rub my fingernail so much that it gets really shiny. I don’t know why I do that.
34. I set goals for myself and then don’t achieve them. This doesn’t really bother me all that much.
35. I’ve gone to therapy a couple of times, but I get bored with it and quit.
36. I think most people in America need some sort of professional help.
37. I went to a funeral on my 30th birthday.
38. When I was little, I would go to visit my grandparents on their farm. I still wish I could do that.
39. I am the youngest of 27 grandchildren on my mother’s side. My husband is the 3rd youngest of 18…I win! (both of those families are Catholic-go figure)
40. I went to Europe once and didn’t really like it. I went to Mexico twice and hated it. I would really like to go to London.
41. I would be a vegetarian if I didn’t love meat and hate vegetables so much.
42. I used to volunteer for lab rescue, but it was too much work, so I quit.
43. I tend to know a little about a lot of things. And I am all too willing to share my opinion about anything. Just ask me!
44. I lived in Florida once for 4 months.
45. I really love TV. Brother & Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy, Jon & Kate, The Office, The Soup, NCIS…the list goes on and on and on. BUT, I generally can’t handle terrible reality shows about celebrities in more than 10 second bursts.
46. I have a DVR through my cable company, but still miss my TIVO.
47. I will watch the same movie from the 80s three days in a row as opposed to watching a new movie that I might not like.
48. The only kind of pie I like is chocolate.
49. I obsessively balance my checkbook.
50. I really really really want to be a stay at home mom.