Tuesday, April 13, 2010

15 Months

Sam had her 15 month check-up today. She weighs 20lbs, 8 oz (yay, she broke the 20lb mark!) and is 29 ¾ inches tall. That puts her in the 25-30th percentile for height and 20th percentile for weight. Just a little kid, that’s all.

She used to be very cooperative at the doctor, she’d smile and let her listen to her heartbeat and look in her mouth and ears. Somewhere in the past few months, my toddler has decided that she doesn’t like the doctor, or the nurses, and WILL NOT cooperate, at all. So she cries, and pushes away using her hands and there is kicking and screaming involved. Who knew it was so hard to hold down a 15 month old? Yes, that kid you hear all the way down the hallway? Is mine. She doesn’t even like the scale! What’s so bad about a scale??

She also loves to be outside. Absolutely. loves. it. I blame it on her being a winter baby, and probably not really remembering much of last summer. She’ll run down the driveway when I get home, we go get the mail together, and sometimes she stops and scruches her shoulders and just giggles and claps her hands. That happy to be outside. She doesn’t need any fancy outdoorsy slides or anything like that yet…she is perfectly content wandering around the backyard and chasing The Fonz. Our yard is about ½ acre, which probably seems like the Great Plains to her.

I can’t wait to take her to the lake and see how many times this summer she gets knocked off the pier by Fonz. (Yes, I know that is not a good thing and it could be very dangerous, but she’ll be supervised at all times when she is outside. But I know him, and I know her, and I know how things are, and it’s gonna happen. Might as well resign to that fact, rather than get all freaked out and angry when it does. Last summer, our neighbor girl who was 3 at the time got knocked off of their pier by Fonz with her dad standing right next to her. She was a little freaked out, but fine. And I think she liked telling the story later. “Bo made me go in da wada!”)

In other news, we had a showing last Saturday, and there were 2 negative comments. One was about the green. If you haven’t heard me mention it before, our house is green. The siding is a light olive color, which I think is very pretty and complements the stone well. The trim is a forest green. As in, it matches the grass. So while we love the green, we have to wonder how many people won’t even come and look at the house, even if we offer a credit for painting. This made Workaholic call a painter friend of his to get an estimate. To paint the green. The green that we’ve spent the past almost 6 years defending. The green that when people say, “I hate that!”, we say, “Well, it’s our house, and we built it, and we like it, so suck it!”

I think that if we paint the green, it’ll be a sad, sad day. Some of our neighbors will probably rejoice, and say “I told you so”, when the house sells a few weeks later. Others will probably be sad, since they use the green house as a landmark. I might even shed a tear. Either way, we had a green house. And it’s awesome.

No comments: