Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!

I went to bed last night with a feeling of trepidation. I have every night lately, as I am not sure how the wee hours of the morning are going to go. Workaholic took all the feedings on Friday night, and I got a solid 9 hours of sleep, which made for a pretty good day on Saturday. So last night, I drifted off to sleep hoping my kids would give me a good birthday present and sleep in. Turns out...they did! Charlie slept from 10pm until 4:30am!! In celebration, I leave you with memorable days from the past 32 years.


32 years ago today, I was born. I pissed off my sisters and dad right off the bat by coming after only 4 hours of labor. Dad didn't get to read his magazines, and my sisters didn't get to spend the night at their friend's house.

28 years ago today, I started my annual tradition of asking for a puppy for my birthday. It would be 17 years later before I got Fonz. (and not on my birthday!)

25 years ago today, I had my first birthday party with friends. That's all I remember about the day.

15 years and 11 months ago today, I got my drivers license. My parents practically tossed me out of their car into a 1984 Oldmobile Cutlass Ciera. I rocked out to Metallica on my way home, and am pretty sure I blew out the speakers, if they weren't already blown.

11 years ago today, I took 17 shots for my 21st birthday. I could've done 21 if some asshole hadn't bought me a cement mixer. Also on that day, Workaholic gave me my Claddagh ring. It is still the prettiest one I've ever seen, and I wore it on my left ring finger until we got engaged. I still wear it on my right ring finger.

10 years ago today, I went out to dinner with my parents at Kelsey's Steakhouse. I had closed on my first house 3 weeks earlier, when I was 21 YEARS OLD.

9 years ago today, I celebrated at The Neon Cactus and got really, really wasted.

2 years ago today, I was pregnant with Samantha and went to a fineral. It was hot, but a beautiful day otherwise, kind of like 9/11.

I don't remember what I did one year ago today. And to be completely honest, when Workaholic kissed me good-bye this morning and wished me happy birthday, I had forgotten all about it. But so far, it is as good a day as I could hope, and I am looking forward to the rest of it!!


I leave you with a picture of me when I was...younger.








4 comments:

Lakejunkies said...

You look the same just shorter hair. HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!!!

me said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! It's funny how you can remember your birthdays in your younger days and now that you have kids you can't even remember it is your birthday on your birthday!!

Pamela Gold said...

You are as hot today as you were in that picture! I love your stories, great way to play up a birthday post.

Happy New Year!!! I'm so glad I "met" you and have you in my life.

P.S. Seriously, my word verification is "thersti" like "thirsty".... Must be all those shots you done did!

Marlo said...

Oldest sis here..I don't remember being pissed that I didn't get to spend the nite@ a friend's house when u were born.I do remember blowing up balloons. I was 10 and that was a challenge. Plus I couldn't tie them, had to have help with that. So anyway..a lot of work. Mom brought u in and showed u to us. My big welcome was to dump all the balloons on your head in celebration. And you know what you did? Nothing. No big smile, no laughing, no reaching up to bat at them. Nothing. I was crushed, very disappointed that you didn't love my" welcome home baby sister party balloons". I mean seriously, a little appreciation would have been considerate don't you think? Rejection from a two day old infant is a pain so deep, Oh the memories, I think I need to go to the spa and meditate. BTW. Happy belated birthday! Love you! :)