Saturday, September 11, 2010

It Happened...Again!

Charlie pooped!! And yes, if you are wondering if I am going to post a blog every time my newborn poops, well...there is a very good chance.

This time, it had been 4 1/2 days, before that it was 4 days. And this time, we had to "help" her again. The crying was just getting old, and you could tell that she was really uncomfortable. I did it all by myself, with emotional support from my mom...and then she held her while Charlie grunted and worked her abdomen, and then she changed her diaper, and now she is holding her while I type this. Also this time, it was like toothpaste...and I am pretty sure newborn poop isn't supposed to be like that.

My question to you, internet, have you ever had this problem with your newborn? We do go to the doctor on Tuesday, and I have heard of adding a little extra water to her bottles. She get mostly breast milk, and a couple of bottles of formula a day. But I am wondering what other people's experience are...and what your doctors have told you?

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

You need to read this post:
http://meganboley.com/2010/09/08/but-what-if-he-runs-for-office/
Her baby just went 15 days without pooping.

WE have the other problem here. Excessive poop. From the kid...and the dog.

Boo.