Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Fever

Am I the only one itching to get out of the house?

I look around my house, and all I see are walls and trim that need to be repainted, floors that need to be cleaned and refinished, and stuff. Stuff everywhere.

Charlie is a typical toddler. Meaning her one goal, her sole purpose in life is to destroy. Destroy a clean room, an organized closet, a neatly stacked pile of clothes waiting to be put away.

Sticky shit falls on the floor and doesn't get wiped up right away, and then it gets walked on, and dirt cakes on. Toys are strewn everywhere. Dog hair, O-M-G, don't get me started on the dog hair. (And yes, I am aware that I did that part to myself.)

We want more kids. At least I think so.

Do I just resign myself to a life of a messy house? Is it even possible to keep a somewhat clean, organized house with small children and large dogs?

I feel like every day is a losing battle. I want to paint and get the carpets cleaned, but a huge part of me thinks, "Why bother?" Toys get picked up only to come right back out. Dishes are done only to be dirtied again. Laundry is finished, only to be piled up a day later. A drawer is cleaned out and organized only to be pilfered a week later and now I CAN'T FIND THE SCISSORS.

I am not sure how to go about organizing things the way I want them because I am not exactly sure how I want them. If I do get them the way I like, "someone" undoes my work. I feel like a major childproofing project needs to be implemented, something to keep kids and husbands and dogs out of all closets and drawers and cabinets. I wonder if Workaholic would be up for that.

I suppose it is also possible that I just need a lovely spring day to throw open the windows and let the stink out. And then I can pick up all the dog poop in the yard too.

1 comment:

Amber Page Writes said...

Our yard is out of control. Cleaning it up is the one thing I HAVE to do this weekend. When not dealing with visiting in-laws. Sigh.