Friday, January 23, 2009

Daddy's Girl





My husband has a few nuances, as I am sure that many husbands do. Workaholic's seem to be more...interesting than other people's spouses though. If he knows if there are milk and cookies in the house, and gets up in the middle of the night to eat them. (However, if there are no milk and cookies in the house, he doesn't wake up.) He can fall asleep mid-sentence. And last night, he fell asleep standing up. Snoring and everything. It's really quite the sight. I would've gotten a picture, but to say that I was thrilled that he fell asleep standing up at 2am when he was supposed to be changing a diaper would be a bit of an overstatement.





Another thing that few people know about him is that he loves to sleep on the bathroom floor. (Here's the thing...way back in the day when we were building our house, he wanted to put ceramic tile in all the bathrooms. I said that he was nuts, we live in Indiana, and doesn't he know how cold ceramic is in the wintertime?? His answer?...heated tile floors, and also a fan that spews heat. Our bathroom can get to about 185 degrees in ten minutes.) He also put in a TV, so he can curl up on the floor with his pillow (or balled up towel, in a pinch) and watch TV in the morning without waking me up. It's quite the sight. One that few people understand, including me. But it doesn't really bother me...in fact, it's pretty awesome that we both get our way in the morning...I get to sleep, and he gets to take his sweet-ass time waking up, by watching TMZ or an infomercial or whatever floats his boat.



Watching Workaholic "bond" with our little girl has been quite intriguing. The one thing that they have in common is sleep. Specifically...sleeping on the bathroom floor.



(If he knew this picture was on the internet, he'd be sooo not happy with me!!)

No comments: